Peter Shergold AC
Secretary, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
Once was a Camelot in Canberra
A historical and philosophical reflection on the perceived diminution in the ethical virtue and conduct of the Australian Public Service.
Peter Shergold has served the APS as the Public Service Commissioner, Secretary of Dept. of Workplace Relations and Small Business, Secretary of Dept. of Education, Science and Training, Dep. Secretary and Secretary, Dept. of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Head of ATSIC, CEO of Com Care, Chair, Management Advisory Committee and many other areas of significant public responsibility.
We also recognise that this commitment is allied with an academic career and achievements which include:
- PhD in Economics from LSE.
- Research fellow at the Institute of Historical Research in London.
- Head of the Dept. of Economic History at UNSW.
- Fulbright Scholar on 2 occasions.-
- Research Advisory Board, RSSS at ANU.
Advisory Roles at the:
- Centre for Public Management, Monash, and
- Centre of International Business, University of Melbourne, and
- Board Member of the ARC and the CSIRO,
together with an extensive list of academic publications.